The UK Centre for Greening Finance and Investment (CGFI) is organising its first Annual Forum on Monday 4th July 2022. The Forum will focus on the role of data, analytics and innovation to advance green finance and capture the opportunities for the UK.
It’s been one year since CGFI began operations and we’ve been actively progressing research and policy across a range of different themes. We want to invite you for a discussion around the priorities and opportunities for the future of green finance data and analytics. The Forum will bring together experts from industry, government and academia to discuss the role of data for topics such as net zero transition plans, climate resilience and integrating nature-related financial risks and impacts.
The Forum will also be showcasing successful applicants from the recent multimillion pound funding competition by Innovate UK focused on piloting innovative solutions that integrate climate and environmental factors into financial services. CGFI is supporting these organisations to deliver the next generation of green finance analytics and participants will have the opportunity to actively engage and connect, and shape the development of these innovative solutions early on.
More details about the event will be available in the coming weeks.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Emma Howard Boyd CBE, Chair, Environment Agency
- Rowan Douglas CBE, Head, Climate and Resilience Hub, Willis Towers Watson
- Michael Izza, Chief Executive Officer, ICAEW
- Emily McKenzie, Technical Director, TNFD
- Saskia de Vries, Head of Financial Stability, De Nederlandsche Bank
- Sir Duncan Wingham, Executive Chair, Natural Environment Research Council